15 interesting facts about Facebook, you should know
It seems like an eternity has passed, but it was only a while ago when the first social network came into our lives. After so many years, Mark Zuckerberg created the invention that has revolutionized the relationship between people at Harvard.
We’ve put together the following list with 15 curious facts about Facebook that many of you probably don’t know about or maybe don’t remember well.
15 Interesting Facts about Facebook
1) Zuckerberg founded the social network on February 4, 2014, under the name “TheFacebook.”
2) On September 1, 2014, the “wall” was created, one of its hallmarks and designed to post messages like a “cork wall”.
3) At first, it was only available to Harvard students, then it spread to other universities such as Columbia, Stanford, and Yale.
4) After its first year, Facebook already had one million users.
5) Currently, we are more than 2.7 billion users who answer YES to the question “Do you have Facebook?”
6) If it facebook was a country, it would be the third most populous globally, only behind China and India.
7) In 2008, when Facebook chat was introduced, the social network was redesigned, and the “Like” button, its famous symbol, appeared.
8) The history of Facebook includes Instagram and WhatsApp. Both platforms have joined the project in 2012 and 2014, respectively.
9) Every 20 minutes, 1 million links are shared on Facebook. In 2019 it continued to retain a great capacity to capture traffic.
10) The arrival of advertising through Facebook Ads ended with the red numbers in the bag.
11) To push businesses into Facebook Ads, organic (unpaid) posts have reduced.
12) The rivalry between Messi and Cristiano is transferred to the network. The Argentine has 90 million fans, almost 32 less than the Portuguese.
13) The average age of users grows. Facebook is the gateway for digital non-natives into the social media universe.
14) So far, they have never dared to implement the “I don’t like it” button.
15) The last that we have known is that Facebook tries to integrate WhatsApp, Instagram, and WhatsApp messages in a common channel.